Orders Over $35 Ship For Free
November 12, 2011
The holidays are just around the corner and we are ever SO excited, considering it is the most wonderful time of the year! ;) We have decked our halls and hung our mistletoe at the shop and we are ready to celebrate! This season inspires us, everything from falling leaves, spiced drinks, warm cocoa, turkey to roasting chestnuts!
To set the mood over at Coco and Duckie we are burning our new favorite seasonal candle, Twilight Vanilla!
Fragrance notes: delicate notes of dreamy vanilla and sweet coconut are accentuated with rich patchouli.
We are currently listening to a 'winter mix' (since it's not quite Christmas time yet).
Including Mumford and Sons, Ellie Goulding, Ingrid Michaelson, Death Cab, Bon Iver and Florence and the Machine to name a few!
Last night at Thursday Night Out in Bellville we were serving a mulled cocktail, that was quite festive if I do say so myself!
I unfortunately neglected to snap photos while I was making components for the cocktail we served last night, you will just have to try the recipe out your self and we would love to see your photos (you could add them to our Facebook wall)!
Yields 1 gallon
1 large stock pot
1 fine mesh strainer
1 large piece of ginger root
4 large oranges
2 Tablespoons of clove
2 Tablespoons of freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tablespoon of ginger powder
3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1 Tablespoon dark molasses
1 Gallon of cranberry juice (no sugar added)
1 Bottle of champagne
1) Take the rind off all of the oranges then cut the fruit in half, set in the pot.
2) Cut the ginger in small-ish chunks, set in the pot.
3) combine all spices and whisk to break up any chunks, add to the pot.
4) Add molasses to the pot.
5) Pour cranberry juice on top and bring to a boil. Once the mixture has boiled let cool for 30 minutes and repeate the process three times. then let chill in the pot overnight in the refrigerator.
6) Once it has chilled for at least 12 hours, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheese cloth so there will be a very small amount of sediment in the cocktail. Discard the ginger, oranges etc.
To serve, fill a champagne glass 1/4 of the way full with your mulled cider and top with equal parts champagne! Then eat, drink and be merry!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
April 04, 2019
February 21, 2019
Who doesn’t want a pretty pout? Your lips are always so busy, you need to take good care of them! Here’ s a few simple steps to help your pout to be picture perfect!
February 14, 2019