Let us tell your fortune – Fun is in your forecast on Downtown Bellville’s Square this Fall.
What’s your costume going to be this Halloween??? If you need ideas, check out our Pinterest Boo Board! We've picked out our costumes and are making the final plans for Bellville's Second Annual Small Town Halloween. We are so excited about the line up this year! Loving the Halloween season and being inspired by all the fun that went on in Stars Hollow (yes, we are HUGE Gilmore Girls fans and YES, we can’t wait for the reunion on Netflix!), Amanda and Madeline had the idea to create a Halloween festival in Downtown Bellville. There won't be a Luke's for coffee that day - but you can grab a cup of Joe at the Bellville Cafe on the Square! The festival fun begins at 10am on Saturday, October 29th!
Here’s some of the goings-on to enjoy:
- Trick-or-Treating and games at the shops in Downtown Bellville will continue until 2pm.
- Enjoy nostalgic carnival games plus you can have your fortune told! To enhance your costume, there will be Frightful Face Painting at the gallery; Haunting Hair Highlights at the salon then take photos at the Fall-Tastic Photo Booth!
- There will even be a Witch-Hunt! Pick up your Witch-Hunt-Map at any of the shops to start your hunt. Search each shop for clues to the answers and once you’ve found all the witches you can turn your Witch-Hunt Map in at any of the participating shops. At 4pm we'll announce one lucky winner on our Facebook page! The winner of the hunt will get a super cool Halloween swag bag!
- Do you like Ghost Stories??? The Bellville Historical Society will be offering spooky fun at the Jail Museum just off the Square. They will be reading Texas ghost stories in several rooms (former cells) and you can check the "Ghost" rating outside the door to see how scary the stories are. The more Ghosts - the spookier the ghost story! Shivers.....
- The Historical Society is also hosting a costume contest, so come dressed to kill ;)
- There will be Halloween movies being shown in the First National Bank Civic Center.
- More games, food vendors, a choo-choo train ride, pumpkin decorating, and carriage rides!
- If you’re searching for a new four-legged BFF, check out the Animal Friends Shelter Adoption Day during Small Town Halloween on the Square! Already have a furry BFF or 2? Why not dress your fur baby(ies) in their Halloween best and enter them in the Pet Halloween Costume Contest at the Animal Friends Shelter booth? While you're there, you can spin their wheel of fortune! If you’re not familiar with Animal Friends Shelter click here. If you're looking for a worthy cause to donate your time and resources to - you have found the right place. The volunteers will be happy to help you learn more about their adorable pets and offered services and how you can help!
- Participating shops: Coco and Duckie, Pop of Pink, Buck Fergeson Originals, Treasure Crafts, Michele Jewelry, Spirit Ts and Promotion, Amy's Unique Boutique, Market on Main, Alternatives, Nothing Ordinary Antiques, Rocking B Cowboy Supply, Farm to Market Produce, Southern Trends, Holland St Gallery and Cottonwood Cottage. We'll see you on Saturday, October, 29th!
We can’t wait to see you there, to stay up to date follow Small Town Halloween’s Facebook page!