10 Tips For Healthy Lips
10 Tips For Healthy Lips
Who doesn’t want a pretty pout? Your lips are always so busy, you need to take good care of them!
Here’s a few simple steps to help your pout to be picture perfect!
Lips are sensitive and the skin is thinner than on other parts of your body. Without oil glands to produce moisture, lips can easily become dry, chapped, and crack creating an uncomfortable nightmare. Lips deserve more caring attention since our lips take such good care of us. Here’s our top tips for the perfect pucker:
- Keep hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is so important. Your lips have a hard time hiding when you’re dehydrated.
- Healthy skin starts on the inside. Be sure to eat well and include nutrients rich in Vitamin E & C plus omega-3 fatty acids to assist against skin damage.
- Protect and moisturize your lips with lip balm.
- Wrinkles, wrinkles, go away. Moisturize your skin AROUND your lips. Aggravated by sun exposure, loss of collagen and elasticity, smoking, you need to moisturize regularly. Did you know that if your lipstick bleeds out beyond your lips, it could be from your skin lacking moisture? In addition to hydrating, use a waxy lip liner pencil to keep the lipstick on your lips.
- Don’t forget to take off your makeup and lipstick each day.
- Exfoliate your lips. Often, exfoliating the lips is overlooked but this sensitive area will have dead skin cells like the rest of your body – so exfoliate!
- Moisturize your lips at night, just as you moisturize your skin!
- Wear lipstick, it adds another layer of protection.
- When you use sunscreen, don’t forget to apply a sunscreen to your lips, too.
Coco and Duckie always look for new things to make your life better. Check out these great lip care products we’ve found. We use and recommend them!
Looking for a lip exfoliator? Try the Sugared Mint Lip Scrub. We love the Sugared Mint Lip Scrub! With Sucrose, coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Apricot Oil, Beeswax plus mint will offer a scrumptious scrub for softer lips.
Want to moisturize your lips? Treat your skin around those lips, too, and kiss dry lips goodbye with these wonderful Hydrating Lip Gels. Leave them on for as little as 5 minutes. They are full of peptides and Green Tea extract that will deliver protective antioxidants while soothing your lips. Plus these gels will help your skin retain moisture, too! Massage the remaining serum into your lips when finished. These lip gels are wonderful and so easy to use!
Nourish your lips with Lip Service. Just apply a generous layer of this lush serum on clean, toned skin that is a nourishing treatment balm, it is so hydrating while adding a layer of protection. Gently massage in and allow the serum to deeply penetrate the lips. This is loaded with all the goodness of Aloe, Honey, Goji Berry, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B3 and antioxidants and treatment locks in all this goodness for softer lips.
Many of the Coco and Duckie girls have added Lip Service as part of our night time routine.
We have some Lip Balm junkies at Coco and Duckie plus several lip balms to choose from so be sure to pick up one for your bag! One popular favorite is the Cucumber and Honey Lip Balm. This lip balm is made with cucumber, honey and cocoa butter. You know that cucumber is known to soften and soothe stressed skin. Your lips deserve a break, right? Not only that but no parabens – how moisturizing!
Almost ready to go. Be sure to add a kiss of shimmer with TokyoMilk Lip Gloss. You’ll enjoy your pout’s moisture rich luster!
To recap, drink lots of water, eat healthy and add lip care to your skin care rituals. You need to take care of your lips because they take care of you!