Super Soaps for Supple Skin
Are you comfortable in your skin? When you're comfortable in your skin, it shows in your mood, your actions and especially in your complexion. Soaps with natural ingredients are less likely to cause irritation, leaving you clean and comfortable. They're designed to make your skin feel supple. Pleasant scents and natural colors are just a bonus.
Benefit of Natural Ingredients
Many commercial detergents are labeled and marketed as soaps. They clean away dirt and grime, but they also alter your skin's soft and moist exterior. This can leave your skin dry and irritated. Soaps made with natural ingredients clean away dirt and grime without the harsh chemicals and can keep you from smelling fresh. They also have other benefits from special ingredients.
• Olive oil cleans and purifies the skin while fortifying the moisture barrier.
• Rosewater is a natural skin conditioner with an unmistakable scent.
• Glycerine is a natural ingredient with moisture-retention properties.
• Shea butter builds a barrier on your skin to protect it from wind and sun.
• Dead Sea salt helps reduce itchiness and balances the skin by replacing lost minerals.
• Aloe soothes itching and burning.
• Vegetable, nut and fruit oils help your skin stay soft and supple.
• Soaps with natural ingredients are eco-friendly, so you don't have to worry about putting harsh chemicals down the drain.
Choosing the Right Soap
When choosing the best type of soap for your skin, look for one with natural ingredients. Synthetic ingredients can cause chemical allergies, redness and often dry out the skin in the name of obliterating dirt and controlling bacteria. Here are some tips on choosing the best type of soap for your skin.
• Handmade soaps are typically mixed in smaller batches, so their positive effects last longer.
• If you wash your hands frequently, use a mild soap with warm water and work it into a lather.
• Sodium cocoate and sodium tallowate are chemical ingredients effective at removing dirt, but they often irritate the skin and turn it red.
• Glycerin-free soaps can dry out your skin.
• Cold-process soaps are better moisturizers than hot-process soaps.
• If you have acne, choose a mild soap to wash with twice a day. According to the Mayo Clinic, astringents and facial scrubs can irritate your skin, making it worse.
• Natural essential oils generate fragrances that relax the body and mind.
• Soaps and cleansers with witch hazel or date extract remove residual build-up on the skin and are also safe for everyday use.
• If your hands are dry and flaky, it may be caused by your current soap. Try one without detergents or synthetics. Look for a soap that stresses its moisturizing properties.
At Coco and Duckie, we appreciate things that make us feel comfortable in our skin. Check out our apothecary products for an assortment of natural soaps and cleansers.